To commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Rory’s passing Hot Press Magazine are printing a special Rory edition of the magazine, which you can pre-order now via the link below.
“In our Rory Gallagher 25th Anniversary Special, Hot Press will:
• Take a look back over the life and times of one of the outstanding, pioneering figures of Irish rock.
• Recall the key musical moments in a career that was littered with extraordinary highs.
• Discuss Rory’s greatest songs, and reflect on what they tell us about the man.
• Delve into the back pages of Hot Press for superb original material on Rory’s music – and for interviews with the ultimate G-man.
• Publish in full the special oration delivered by Hot Press editor Niall Stokes at the memorial service for Rory, held in London in 1995.
• Recall the moment before the Lisdoonvarna Festival in 1982 that Rory occupied the legendary Mad Hatter’s Box for Hot Press!
• Find out from Irish musicians, broadcasters and celebrities what are their favourite Rory Gallagher albums
• Bring dramatically to life the qualities that made Rory Gallagher the ultimate People’s Champion.
• Look at the songs and poems written in Rory’s honour…
• With his influence stretching across modern guitar greats like Brian May, Slash, Johnny Marr, Edge, Joe Bonamassa, James Dean Bradfield and many more, we will find out, from leading guitar lights and cultural figures alike, what made the Corkman such a powerful and original artist and player…
Plus – EXCLUSIVE
Read all about the brilliant competition we’ll be running for a Rory Gallagher Signature Fender Stratocaster, worth €5,300.”